Building your Remote Project Based Learning Environment
How to create self- directed and empowered remote learners through PBLWatch Promo
This course is a culmination of ten years of work implementing dynamic virtual project- based classrooms with students.
It is designed as a crash course in helping you set up your own, project in a digital/ remote space for students so they can learn on their own. Anytime. Anywhere. It will help you identify major learning goals for students; design a project or challenge to excite and motivate them; and construct a digital space in a way that allows them to learn independently. By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Design a digital project that engages and empowers your learners to learn on their own
- Scaffold and integrate content and skills
- Plan major assessments and milestones
- Provide feedback structures that improves the quality of student work
- Help students maintain positive relationships while learning from home
- Conduct effective digital meetings
- Maintain effective progress with learning while students are at home
The course is perfect for...
- Administrators hoping to support teachers in remote learning
- Teachers new to technology infusion and need a quick guide
- Experienced tech teachers looking for ways to enhance digital tools and strategies for students
- Tech coordinators looking for simple ways to coach and guide teachers in remote learning
- Curriculum coordinators looking for new approaches to curriculum delivery in a remote environment
Kyle Wagner, MEd. is a former Middle School Programme Director and instructional coach for innovative educators all over the world on how to use deep and meaningful project- based experiences to create socially, emotionally and globally aware citizens. Kyle has now coached and trained over 1000 teachers spread across 20 schools to help them infuse project- based experiences into their classrooms. As a Curriculum Designer and former Project- Based Learning Humanities Teacher Leader at High Tech High, a school featured in the hit documentary "Most Likely to Succeed," Kyle knows how to guide project development and implementation to ensure it transforms and empowers student learning. With 13 years experience teaching PBL, and 4 years leading, he believes in the 'Power of Simple' and has authored a book and numerous articles on how school leaders can lead change through PBL with simple, repeatable strategies. Kyle holds a Masters Degree in Teacher Leadership and two supplemental teaching authorisations. When not writing or consulting with school leaders, Kyle enjoys traveling the world and writing original music for his band.