Do you want to better engage your students and get them using and learning key 21st Century Skills?
Do you want to deepen student learning?
Do you want to conquer your standards and create a community of self- directed innovators?
Do you want to be equipped with the tools to design and deliver project- based experiences that accomplish all of the above?
This course is designed for you, the novice PBL teacher, to design engaging project- based experiences for your students. It's created by an expert PBL coach with over 10 years experience in project- based schools.
The course is divided into four interactive modules that are part learning and part application. By the end of the course, you will walk away with a well developed project- based experience that you are ready to implement with your own students!
You will learn:
- The major components of successful project- based experiences
- The difference between good and bad PBL
- The starting point for project design
- How to design and deliver your own project- based experiences which include
- How to create a driving question
- How to envision a product/ outcome for the experience
- How to incorporate rigorous content standards and skills (regardless of your curriculum)
- How to assess PBL experiences
- How to plan and implement a project launch
- How to manage projects using simple project management tools
- How to develop partnerships with local businesses and the community
- How to assess projects and incorporate rigorous standards
Kyle Wagner, MEd. is a former Middle School Programme Director and instructional coach for innovative educators all over the world on how to use deep and meaningful project- based experiences to create socially, emotionally and globally aware citizens. Kyle has now coached and trained over 1000 teachers spread across 20 schools to help them infuse project- based experiences into their classrooms. As a Curriculum Designer and former Project- Based Learning Humanities Teacher Leader at High Tech High, a school featured in the hit documentary "Most Likely to Succeed," Kyle knows how to guide project development and implementation to ensure it transforms and empowers student learning. With 13 years experience teaching PBL, and 4 years leading, he believes in the 'Power of Simple' and has authored a book and numerous articles on how school leaders can lead change through PBL with simple, repeatable strategies. Kyle holds a Masters Degree in Teacher Leadership and two supplemental teaching authorisations. When not writing or consulting with school leaders, Kyle enjoys traveling the world and writing original music for his band.
StartFraming an Inquiry
StartYou've been doing PBL your whole life! (12:27)
PreviewProject- Based Learning- A brief History (11:45)
StartThe "Big Five" of PBL (9:53)
Start5 step PBL Design Process (16:07)
StartProject- Oriented vs. Project- Based Learning (20:43)
StartThe PBL Environment (4:34)
StartModule One Reflection